Prenatal care is the heart of midwifery care.
It provides an opportunity to build a trusting relationship between client and midwife, to discuss what your ideal birth looks like, allay any fears or concerns, and discuss all of your care and birthing options.
Prenatal visits last 60 minutes, leaving plenty of time for questions and conversation.
An outline of our home birth services can be found here
- All visits are within the comfort of your own home-I drive to you!
- 24/7 phone support
- Monthly visits up to 28 weeks (or more as needed)
- All routine lab work including OB panels, Glucose testing, urinalysis, GBS testing, and any additional testing as indicated
- Referral for 20 week ultrasound (1) as indicated or requested
- Maternal vital signs and exam (weight is optional)
- Assessment of fundal height, fetal activity, position and heart rate (via Doppler or stethoscope)
- Monitoring maternal physical and emotional well being
- Nutritional counseling and suggestions for supplementation
- Glucose testing (as needed)
- Visits every 2 weeks from 28 to 36 weeks (or more as needed)
- 36 week home visit and birth kit/tub delivery
- Weekly visits beginning at 36 weeks until birth (or more as needed)
- Labor team of 1-2 midwives and assistant
- Suggestions for comfort measures and family involvement, active physical support as needed
- Calm encouragement and confident reassurance
- Intermittent fetal monitoring during labor
- Complete newborn exam
- At least 4 postpartum visits
- Breastfeeding support
- Community resources
- Nutritional counseling
- Continued monitoring of maternal and newborn health
- Newborn metabolic screening
- Contraception counseling
- Keepsake newborn footprints